As a businessperson, your time is much b etter spent running your company than dealing with lengthy and potentially costly business litigation. Business mediation is a process that may help you and the other party resolve disputes without having to take the matter to court.
Our attorneys at Bernstein & Feldman, P.A., have dealt in business law for more than 30 years, and have provided individualized services to business and entrepreneurial clients in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., area. We have the experience required to handle the most complex issues that may arise in any company setting. In virtually every business dispute, we recommend that our clients attempt consensual resolution, either before or during the litigation process. By choosing a qualified mediator -- we recommend highly qualified retired federal and state judges -- a satisfactory resolution can often be achieved prior to incurring expenses for litigation costs.
The following points illustrate a typical mediation process:
- You and your counsel and the other side will have the opportunity to present your case.
- The mediator's job is to make suggestions both parties find acceptable. We attempt to choose mediators who are forceful and provide an honest evaluation of each side's case, whether in private or joint sessions.
- Open discussions and brainstorming will be encouraged.
- Private, one-on-one mediation sessions with the mediator may also be conducted.
- The final resolution may prevent conflict and allow you the opportunity to continue business dealings with the other party.
Our experience in the mediation process has assisted many of our clients in obtaining satisfactory resolutions of issues without the added expense or the time lost to the litigation process.
Learn Your Options
Learn more about your options in dispute resolution by filling out our online form or calling us at 410-216-4006 to schedule a consultation.